InfoCaptor Desktop - Tutorials and Videos
How to create documentation for MySQL database tables, views, procedures,functions,triggers, indexes
Generate PDF and HTML documentation from MySQL meta-data, data-dictionary
Get quick answers to routine questions (Google like search for MySQL)
- Which table contains a column that begins or has "xyz" as part of column name?
- What are different tables that start with name "xyz"?
- Find all the views or procedures or Functions that end with name "xyz"?
- Which view definition is using a particular where condition?
- Which views are referencing a particular table?
- Search for any string in any procedure or function body
What else can you do with this tool?
- Create time based snapshot of your Database objects
- Compare differences between various Mysql installations by taking snapshot documents in each database
- Meet your audit/SOX requirements easily by keeping upto-date documentation
- Keep track of newly created objects (tables, views, procedures etc)
- Keep track of latest updates to existing objects
- Keep your documentation upto date and in-sync with your development
- Reduce the time and cost needed for documenting your MySQL databases
- No more manual update or regeneration of Documents
- Easily create and manage your solution knowledgebase and publish it to end-users
to download InfoCaptor and open mysql_documentor.icv dashboard definition.
- Click on the Download link above
- Run the setup file infocaptor_setup.exe
- Launch InfoCaptor
- Connect to MySQL database
- open the mysql_documentor.icv file (Download the latest file)
How is the documentation different?
- Create PDF and HTML documents by click of a single button!
- Export individual content into Excel or CSV
- The PDF and HTML creates a nice bookmark outline for easy navigation.
This feature is hard to find in other documentation or reporting tools.
- If you don't like the default colors or you need to follow your project standards, simply change the colors in a snap
- The most powerful feature: Real time Dashboard. You get a free dashboard designer functionality.
- With the dashboard feature, you can add more content, new portlets, new parameters, new drills and relationships
- Add new graphs and charts
- Create new metrics and display them.
How does it work?
MySQL documentor is based on a dashboard concept which is totally different than what others provide.
Each portlet within the dashboard is made of SQL queries. These SQL queries access the information_schema views
from MySQL database and show you the relevant information. These queries are used in the document generation.
Who should use this documentor?
- If you are a DBA or a developer and want to make sense of existing state of the database objects then within
few minutes you can create a comprehensive document either in PDF or HTML.
- Impress your client by providing them with a beautiful document showcasing all the objects that you
built or worked upon in your current project.
- Every project manager ensures that the documentation is always in-sync with your development effort.
MySQL documentor simplifies the process of generating easy to use, comprehensive, extensible and beautiful documentation.
How we differ?
- Full blown Dashboard for MySQL. You can easily create new portlets( tables and charts), drills, Master-detail queries
- Other documentation tools create offline report whereas we offer a real-time screen where you can see the information in front of
you and also export it to your desired report format.
- We also provide an easy mechanism to customize the fonts and colors of each report element.
- You can remove columns or easily change the name of columns appear in your report
- You can create custom filters on the fly to exclude certain rows
- You can add custom queries and create new reporting nodes.
- MySQL Documentor is a Dashboard that allows for online viewing, doing drills and creating reports in PDF or HTML
- Runs on a USB stick, PC or web-server