If you are trying to connect InfoCaptor (Dashboard Designer) to a named instance of SQL Server then follow the procedure below.
NOTE: This is a work around until we enhance the connection wizard to include instance name
To connect to SQL Server, we use the jtds driver http://jtds.sourceforge.net/faq.html#instanceName
and the default jdbc url with InfoCaptor does not support additional properties.
In order to connect with properties the URL is as listed below
Assuming that your normal connection to SQL server through Microsoft tools (such as SQL Server Studio) is
1. Goto InfoCaptor directory and there is a file called drivermap.txt
2. Edit the file in a notepad
3. Add a new line
"SQL Server Named Instance - net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.Driver", jdbc:jtds:sqlserver://<HOST>:<PORT>/<DB>;instance=MyInstance";
Where MyInstance is your named instance.
4. Save the file and restart InfoCaptor.
5. Now goto connection wizard and select 'SQL Server Named Instance ...' from the driver list
6. Enter the user, password, host, port and the database name.